Affiliate Events Policy
World Congress Alternatives and Animal Use in the Life Sciences (WC10) welcomes organizations, institutions and other groups to gather and host affiliate events in conjunction with Alternatives and Animal Use in the Life Sciences Conference. If you are interested in hosting an event during this meeting, please review the following information carefully:
Definition of an Affiliate Event
An affiliate event is defined as an event held by an Affiliate Groups, NGO’s and industry-related organizations; a day prior to congress; and that occurs in the conference host city. Affiliate event attendees may come from the WC10 community or from outside the conference audience. WC10 will take into consideration the target audience during the approval process.
Affiliate events could include: group specific trainings, focus/research groups, or working groups.
Guidelines for an Affiliate Event
WC10 has established a set of guidelines for affiliate events to follow when planning and hosting an event during the WC10. Please review the following guidelines before completing the online application:
- Affiliate events are only allowed to run date and times that do not conflict with WC10 educational sessions and other WC10 sponsored events, as outlined on the conference agenda.
- Affiliate events must be in line with the overall mission of the WC10 Alternatives and Animal Use in the Life Sciences. Groups that have no affiliation with meetings whose focus is not related to fields of animal care and use, research applications relevant to the 3 Rs, research ethics
- Meeting space is limited and applications will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis. All events must be approved before space is allotted.
- Affiliate groups are responsible for tracking who will attend their event.
- Affiliate groups are responsible for all costs associated with the event. This may include: food and beverage, audiovisual equipment and labor costs, meeting space rental, etc.
- Affiliate groups may charge a registration fee to cover the costs of expenses associated with their event. Information on fees must be provided to WC10 in advance of the event.
- WC10 reserves the right to attend/monitor all affiliate events without notice.
- WC10 reserves the right to withdraw participation from affiliate groups who do not adhere to this policy. If in violation, consequences include, but are not limited to: a written warning, cancellation of participation in the WC10, or prohibition from participation in future Alternatives and Animal Use in the Life Sciences events. In addition, affiliate groups who are asked to leave the conference as a result of a violation and/or who have their participation cancelled in advance, will not receive a refund of their conference fees.
Submission Date and Approval Date
Submissions for Affiliate Events must be submitted by Monday, May 1st
Approval will be granted or denied by Monday, June 5th
For more information and an affliate application please email: firstname.lastname@example.org